Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Amazing Alex Ross

Like a lot of comic book fans, I fell in love with Alex Ross' super realistic paintings when Marvels came out in 1994.  I'd never seen a style like that before and it fit in really well with the classic looks of the Golden and Silver Age Marvel heroes.  Since then I've liked just about everything he's produced, whether it's DC, Marvel, or other companies' heroes and villains.  I wish I had the money to get some of the really nice original paintings from different projects that have been up for sale through the years.  Here are some examples courtesy of Heritage Auctions.

For more examples of Ross' great work, check out his official website.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

He is amazing and even better that his favorite movie is Flash Gordon 1980!