Saturday, April 27, 2013

Superman & Batman Dailies 1939-1945

I was digging through some books today and found these great reprints Kitchen Sink Press put out in 1994 of the Superman and Batman daily newspaper strips which ran in various newspapers from 1939-1945.  I really enjoyed reading these strips and the covers by artist Peter Poplaski perfectly captured that Golden Age feel which I love so much.
The Batman strip featured art by Jack Burnley, who drew many of the best covers of the Golden Age and is one of my all time favorite artists.  His work in these volumes is similar to Bob Kane's art but I can still see his own style coming through from time to time.
I highly recommed these volumes as they represent good adventure strips from the Golden Age of Comics.  Now if I can only find my Sunday Superman and Batman volumes.



1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

I have a few of these in my collection. Great stuff!