Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gold Key Flash Gordon

When I was a kid, oftentimes I'd pick up different prewrapped three packs of comics at my local mall's Woolworth store. A lot of these comics were published by Gold Key and released under the Whitman imprint. One of these three packs was one of my earliest introductions to Flash Gordon. I loved the covers of these books and while the interior stories weren't as good as the covers, I still loved these mags and was happy to find a few of the ones from back then. The covers still hold up well in my opinion.
These books are another reminder that I grew up in a great time for comics. Maybe I should buy some larger comic bags and bag these up just like in Woolworths circa 1979.

1 comment:

Todd Franklin said...

Oh yeah, many memories of buying bagged multi-packs of comics.