Monday, October 10, 2011

My Original Art

One of the areas of collecting I've always wanted to get more into is the original art area. I think finances are the main reason I haven't been able to start a big collection but I do have a few pieces I've picked up through the years. Here are a few of them with their printed pages included. Justice League #155 page 16 by Dick Dillin and Frank McLaughlin
The Brave And The Bold #169 page 2 by Jim Aparo
Superman #303 page 9 by Curt Swan and Bob Oskner
Stay tuned for some more Swan plus a triple threat of beautiful Bronze Age pages by the awesome Irv Novick in the days to come.

5 comments:

Todd Franklin-stein said...

It's great seeing the original art pages paired with the printed pages. Very cool!

Master Jeff said...

Dick Dillon, Jim Aparo, Curt Swan and Irv Novick: 4 of my fave artists of all time! These pages look great. It's a shame we have lost them all, as it would have been interesting to see their takes on the recent Retroactive comics DC put out. I'm looking forward to seeing more from your collection. Thank you for sharing them!

Gal Schwartz said...

As I've memtioned on CAF - I truly enjoyed your Aparo original art examples ! You really picked up some impressive piece ! Looking forward to see them all posted !

Mike Middleton said...

Thanks for all the nice words. I wish I had more examples to show. Maybe someday I'll pick up some more pieces at a show or online.

Gal Schwartz said...

Hi Mike,

I've just posted a major Aparo piece on my CAF.

It wasn't shown in public for many years and I thought you may like to showcase it in your page here.

Best,
Gal